What Can and Can’t be Recycled
Items that can be recycled:
- Paper: office paper, magazines, newspapers and junk mail
- Green, clear and brown glass bottles and jars
- Juice and milk cartons
- All plastic bottles and containers marked, but no lids please
- Steel (tin) and aluminium cans and empty aerosols
Items that cannot be recycled:
- Plastic bags or recyclables inside plastic bags
- Disposable nappies
- Garden waste
- Polystyrene (foam)
- Syringes or medical waste
- Dead animals
- Ceramics, ovenware or light bulbs
Recycling made easy
Contact your local council to find out more about local recycling services or link directly to council websites on our About Us page.
If you want to know more about recycling in general visit Planet Ark Recycling Near You.
Download our Recycling made easy – ‘Tip’ Sheet.