Strategic Plan Summary
This document incorporates the key priorities of NetWaste’s strategic documents and focus areas:
- NetWaste Strategic Waste Plan 2013-2017
- NetWaste Integrated Infrastructure Plan
- Organics Management Plan
- What Waste Where – NetWaste Education Strategy 2013-2022
- Download: Rethinking Waste: A Summary of NetWaste’s Strategic Waste Plan
The six key themes guiding NetWaste activities include:
- Enablement – our goal is to empower member Councils to better address waste management challenges within their communities.
- Infrastructure – Our goal is to provide appropriate infrastructure to meet local and regional needs.
- Engagement – Our goal is to develop meaningful connectivity between all stakeholders within the community, both in the delivery of waste education and in awareness of the achievement of strategic goals. We will do this by creating a sense of community ownership.
- Resource Recovery – Our goal is to increase the quantity of recovered resources as measured year on year and move towards attainment of the Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery strategy goals.
- Problem Wastes – Our goal is to remove problem waste from the waste stream through identification, separation and collection for appropriate recycling or responsible disposal.
- Financial Systems – Our goal is to provide financial management systems to enable successful delivery of the strategy objectives in the defined time frames.